Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Be Still and Know

Part of God's plan from the very beginning was to have a regular time of rest. It's called a Sabbath. Even God rested on the 7th day, right?
We need to refuel so that we can be God's hands, feet, heart in our world.
Church is part of that perhaps. It can be a place where we come to get fed. To grow stronger in our faith and love. With our full hearts, bellies, and souls we can go out and share.
I don't know about the rest of you, but our world is a tiresome place at times. It is a battle. I need a rest after awhile.
All of this snow reminds me to, allows me to take time to be refreshed and refueled. In the quiet whiteness I can be still and know that he is God, he loves me and I can continue on ... after I rest...and shovel!
Enjoy this time of rest and quiet and apartness from the world as usual.

No comments: