Read, enjoy and RESPOND. One of the things I can use in my life is accountability. You can help keep me honest, keep me thinking, keep me growing toward the person God intends me to be.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Cowa-CataBunga, Dude!

In my new gig as a housewife I am busy this morning sweeping up the heaps of dog hair and bird seed that seem to multiply overnight. I use just a broom because the noise of the vacuum cleaner irritates me and I like seeing the pile I am making...shows my progress. I do have to place the dogs up on a piece of furniture to keep them from wanting to play "Catch the Broom"...well, they probably still WANT to but they are well trained enough to stay where I put them for awhile. Anyway, I have swept up a nice little, OK, not so little, pile right over by the trash can in the kitchen. I am ready to put it in. I put the broom down, turn my back to get the little scoppy thingy and I hear behind me the thundering of little cat paws and I see out of my peripheral vision a streak of gray cat and Mr. Skippy Jo Lohr, aka Skipper Doodle, launching himself from a running, leaping, slide into the pile! You just have to know he was saying to himself, "Catabunga, dude!"
After he finishes his slide he leaps up, turns completely around to go the way he came and charges back into the living room and up onto of the highest piece of furniture he can find (oak filing cabinet) and sits there with a look of supremely satisfied innocence upon his little feline face!
What a hoot.
Find the joy in your day!
Amen.

No comments: